Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome!

After having successfully defended my Masters thesis on the establishment and development of the VSECU yesterday, I decided to start this blog to provide a continuing outlet for my interest in the history of credit unions. It is my hope that it will become something of a clearing-house for discussion of the history of the movement, and, as such, I encourage anyone who shares my enthusiasm to submit relevant original pieces, which I'd be happy to publish.

To kick this project off, I will be posting a series of reviews over the next few months of books by credit union pioneer and co-founder of the Credit Union National Association Roy F. Bergengren. I'm currently cruising through I Speak For Joe Doakes - Voicing the Common Man's Plea for More Co-operation at Home and Among Nations (1945), so keep an eye out for that review in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment